Kleinschmidt has a full-time opening for a Dam Safety Engineer with heavy structural or geotechnical experience in our Falmouth, Maine office. Any of our office locations would be considered and we may also offer the opportunity to telecommute from a home office.
This position involves a combination of structural or geotechnical design and dam safety responsibilities. The immediate need will have the candidate participating as part of a team of technical professionals working on various civil structure design and dam safety projects associated with hydroelectric and civil works water projects.
- Prior approval from Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) as an Independent Consultant to conduct Part 12 Dam Safety Inspections or ability to receive this designation within three years.
- Experience with design of structures in and around water including submerged environments.
- Experience with structural aspects of concrete and steel construction and/or geotechnical analysis of earthen embankments and canals.
- Experience in concrete and earthen dam, canal, or levee safety inspections.
- Permitting experience on large and diverse projects.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and capable of working collaboratively with clients and co-workers.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer.
- BS in engineering with minimum of 10 years’ experience in structural or geotechnical engineering.
- Available for travel throughout the US and Canada, as needed, typically 10% to 25% of the time.
- Must possess permanent authorization to work in the United States.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be mentored by senior staff in the fields of hydroelectric, civil works design, and dam safety. In addition to excellent technical skills, the successful candidate will possess strong communication skills, be self-motivated and growth oriented with demonstrated ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team while applying civil/structural or geotechnical engineering skills from analysis and design through to construction.
Kleinschmidt Associates works primarily with energy companies in North America to protect and enhance the environment without compromising performance. We work at the intersection of regulatory requirements, environmental science, and engineering solutions.
Kleinschmidt offers a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunities for advancement in a growing, national consulting firm.
Kleinschmidt is an EEO employer as defined by the EEOC.